Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Computer!

I bought a new computer yesterday, which was the second largest purchase of my life (my first being a certain ring...) I did not get a Mac. I had wanted to, but it was just too expensive for my budget. However, I am very excited about my new Dell--it's a Studio XPS, and I added more memory and a bigger hard drive along with a couple of other upgrades, so it should be roughly comparable to a MacBook Pro (at more than $1K less). It should arrive on or around my birthday, appropriately enough.

In the meantime, my old computer has pretty much died. The C drive is full, and the security system tells me it has found and killed a virus. Having little faith in the security system (the computer is more than 5 years old and has been on the fritz for at least 2 years now), I'm not so sure I want to transfer any of my files to the new computer. Luckily, I have already transferred most of my important files to my work computers, so I may not have to deal with that at all.

Unfortunately, until my new computer arrives, I cannot upload new pictures (disk is too full). I had planned to post pictures of my trip to China, my new haircut (very short!) and maybe food pics. But this will all have to wait. Stay tuned for pictures, and in the meantime I will try to entertain you with words...

No comments: