Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Same damn thing, every day

My schedule is depressingly rote: wake up at 5:15am, leave the house by 6:15, stop by starbucks for coffee, get to the school a little after 7am. Give out consent forms/check if consent forms are signed/interview students until 2:15, go to the university across the street to work until 5:30, go home to exercise & eat dinner, do two more hours of work, talk to Alison, fall asleep in bed reading, wake up at 2am with the lights on and a book in my lap.

Bahhhhhh... So I am trying to work some excitement into my life. So far I have ice cream Wednesdays (I go to Graeter's) and coffee & scones on Saturdays (starting this week). Pathetic, I know. Food does make me happy. But not when it is my only source of excitement. I am also going to try to volunteer for the democrats. I initially wanted to do this because I believe in the democratic ticket--and I still do. But now I think my motivation is more that I need human contact apart from teenagers and my parents.

Other updates...

Research: Six more interviews this week brings the total to 11.

Politics: I keep meaning to actually read the failed bailout legislation, but have not had time. Although I have a good sense of the overall structure of the bill, I would like to know more. Also, I am trying to think of a good way to talk policy on this blog once in a while, but I haven't figured out a structure & topic that seems appropriate.

The Midwest: I went to the worst yoga class in my life yesterday. It was truly sad. What is WRONG with this place?

No comments: