Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I can't believe I'm saying this...

But Mitt Romney is actually making some sense here. It must be Opposite Day.

Anyway, I'm back in Philadelphia. It's so freaking cold here. I am a wimp about the cold every year, but after spending four winters in North Carolina, I am completely unprepared for this. And it's in the mid-30s today, so it will get worse. Blah. I went running this morning when it was in the high-20s, and quickly realized that I could not get through the winter running outdoors. So Alison and I will be joining the school gym December 1st, when the price goes down. Until then, I am stuck with the great outdoors. It's particularly bad because I like to run on a path by the river, so it's even colder than the weather channel predicts. Blah.

I am now trying to tie up loose ends on about 5 or 6 papers. Funny, when you tell all of your collaborators that you'll be able to work on that paper in the first week after you get back, it becomes impossible to follow through. Oops. But I am getting work done on most of them, and I am really enjoying it. It's much easier to love work when I am: 1) Not in Ohio, 2) Not waking up at 5am, and 3) Setting my own schedule. Go figure.

No comments: