Saturday, December 27, 2008

Notes from a spoiled Christmas

...And I don't mean spoiled as in bad, either. Yes, I am an only child.

Caveat: My family does BIG Christmases. I'm not really sure where it came from. My mother says it's what her parents did, so maybe that's it. And my grandfather used to pay for Christmas when I was little, so it was easier for my parents to just buy a lot. Then when he died, they felt bad about cutting back (no complaints here). In my defense, many of my friends have received money, generous donations of cars or furniture, and help with rent over the years. My parents aren't really into that. They like giving presents more than money or useful things, because it's a lot more fun.

So, anyway, I got a snowboard. Which I am super excited about. Alison and I are going to the Poconos in February, and now I don't need to rent a board & boots. Very exciting. I also received an awesome cookbook, black puffy winter coat, and running clothes. Good times.

In other news, I am trying to get back to work but finding it difficult--made worse by my parents' new Wii. Also, I finished "The Kite Runner" yesterday. It was an excellent book, and probably the last fiction book I'll have time to read for a while.

No comments: