Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oooh, Fun!

So over at Scatterplot, there is an interesting discussion about which books people have not read. The more central to one's discipline, the better. Or if we're talking fiction, the more heralded, the better. Here are mine.

Sociology/Nonfiction
The Consequences of Modernity (Giddens)
Anything by Marx (I have tried, many times over. I finally gave up during comp exams time and just read every description of Marx's theory I could find).
The Second Shift (Hochschild)
Of Human Bonding: Parent-Child Relations... (Rossi & Rossi)
Bowling Alone
Democracy in America

Fiction
The Catcher in the Rye
The Canterbury Tales
Atlas Shrugged
For Whom the Bell Tolls

Although apparently many people have never read One Hundred Years of Solitude, which is one of my all-time favorite novels, so I do feel a little redeemed.

No comments: