Monday, March 23, 2009

Goal: Eat greasy food and watch 30 Rock

Status: Accomplished

My whirlwind tour of San Fran and Baltimore is over. San Fran was lovely. We partied with the bride-to-be on Friday night until the wee hours of the morning, drinking vodka, eating donuts and fries, and taking wacky pictures of Elana, Debby and Dani wearing animal-print robes. Then there was a wedding which may have been my favorite of all time (tied with Michelle's). Although Dani's wedding included an Elvis impersonator, which may have put it over the top.

I then headed to Baltimore, where the audience for our presentation was indeed small. Which made me angry about missing the rest of the reception. Although I did eat awesome crab cakes and a basket of fries for lunch, partially making up for my disappointment.

Then I returned home to amazing cookies, thai food, a fun guest, and a night of 30 Rock.

When I was younger, I didn't understand why people complained about traveling. But in the past few years, I have completely caught up. It sucks. Vacations are fun. Traveling is not. I am so tired of planning, packing, and commuting to somewhere every two weeks. I can't wait to live with Alison in one place, where neither of us have obligations to a second location. The good life...when will it be?

(Also, I should mention, a salary would be nice).

No comments: